Lounger
    Thanks

Received Time (OE 6)

Aloha
    When I receive an e-mail OE seems to timestamp it with a received time that is way off the correct time. Its difficult to keep up with time sensitive material, when I show that I received the file before it was ever sent? The clock on my puter is correct. Is there another clock somewhere that needs to be set. I sent mail to the address that outlook reads, and another address, It is only outlook that seems to do this.

Mahalo (Thank You)
    Hailey

Thanks

Re: Received Time (OE 6)

The Received time is the time it was received by your mail server, taking into consideration the time zone offset reported by the mail server. This often is very close to the Sent time, but if there is an error in the time offset on either machine, the two times may well diverge by hours. (Outlook has an additional field call Created time, which reflects the time a message was downloaded from the server to your mailbox. I don't see that in OE.) Hope this helps...

Thanks

The "time stamp" can be very useful as well. For example an associate of mine who uses AOL had sent me a critical e-mail and I received it 48 hours later. At first we thought that there was a problem with AOL, but upon further investigation, I discovered that it had been received by the MSN server shorlty after they sent it. After I reported this to MSN it never happened again...at first they denied any problem, but once they received the details that I C/P to them..they said OOPS!!!....
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there Hailey, have you checked in the Control Panel>Regional Settings? Make sure they are set to the correct area, even though your computer clock in the taskbar is correct, the time the email is sent and received is taken from the Regional settings. If your regional settings are set incorrectly, then the time received and sent will be wrong.