Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charts/Calculated Controls (Access 97/2000)

How can I create a chart in a report based on calculated controls that have been created in the report? The report is based on a parameter query so that I can query by date. Based on the date, it returns the detail records, and the calculated controls give me summary information (percentages). I then color code the text controls to match our grouping scheme at work and summarize(calculated controls) per group. I then need to be able to create a chart per group based on those calculations only. Any suggestions? Besides using XL, I haven't a clue how to modify the SQL statement of the chart or use VBA.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Charts/Calculated Controls (Access 97/2000)

If you really want to create a chart "based on calculated controls", you'll have to do a lot of work - you'll need to fill the data sheet of the chart in code, probably cell by cell. It's possible, but not easy - the Chart object model, although powerful, is a stubborn subject to master (so it seems to me, at least).

Instead, try and see if the Chart Wizard will help - it offers options for aggregating and summarizing data.

Or build a group by query with calculated fields that contain the information you want. You can use the query as RowSource of the chart.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Charts/Calculated Controls (Access 97/2000)

Thanks. I knew it would be tough, but I have to try.