5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office and a new computer

I recently purchased a new computer with Word preinstalled. I want to install the rest of my Office Premium programs. Should I uninstall Word first and then install the Office suite, or should I leave Word as it is and do a custom install of the other programs?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

JanisN

Re: Office and a new computer

Hi, Den!

Because computer manufacturers often install "lite" versions of software, I would uninstall Word and do a complete install of your Office package. You might also want to check the installation of your operating system on your new computer. We ordered our with NT and found that the OS was only partially installed on each system when they arrived from the factory.

Good luck!

Janis