Thread: Network

New Lounger
    Thanks

Network

I have recently installed W2000 Pro and have attempted to network our 5 home computers. Naturally the help within W2K is not very ..., well, helpful- it uses language that only MS understands. So, can anyone out there please steer me to an easy to understand reference book that can lead me by the nose, step by step, through the network installation and implementation process? I am not an engineer or a computer expert so do not need a lot of theory, just practical, how-to-do-it stuff; preferably written in 3rd grade English with big letters. Thanks ahead of time and for understanding.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Network

"This Wired Home" by (who else) Microsoft press. I teach SOHO (Small Office Home Office) networking and have been using the 2nd edition. The third edition was released in the middle of the semester this spring so I have not used it yet. Being a teacher I have reviewed and read lots of books on SOHO networking and this is the best by far.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I ordered the book and it arrived today. Will advise if a mere mortal can read and understand it. Thanks for the lead.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Kent,

I finally was able to get the time to read This Wired Home and I can tell you that you know what you are talking about. It was a good read but more important, it was very helpful. I am now networked. Thanks for the lead.

Harry League