New Lounger
    Thanks

Public Folder Visibility/Security

We're running Exchange 2000 and I've got a problem with security on public folders. Regardless of the options set when managing the folders in Outlook, all folders are visible to all users. I tried breaking inheritance, but this simply made it so the Exchange server couldn't see the public folder store.

What I want is to make it so that none of the folders are visible unless rights are explicitly granted. I'd like Administrator (or an Administrators group) to be able to see and administer everything, but I'd like to be able to restrict what users see based on the rights assigned. Can someone give me an overview, or some specific pointers? I believe that all the public folders (except the root) were created using Outlook 2000, not Exchange Administrator.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Public Folder Visibility/Security

Everyone global permissions - look on the permission tabs and see what rights Everyone has. Start at the top level of the public store (Folders | Pulblic Folders) - and always use the ESM, not Outlook to set the permissions (I know, it's easier.... ). Apply it with inheritance, then change each folder individually.