New Lounger
    Thanks

bookings query (SQL) (xp)

The following query yields a table of rooms booked between two dates, but what I wish is a table of the rooms not booked between those date. At this stage it pointlessly joins the 2 tables though I would imagine that to yield what I require a join will be required. The tblAccomodation table is a list of rooms and facilities, and the tblBookings is a table recording bookings of these rooms.

SELECT *
    FROM tblAccomodation INNER JOIN tblBookings ON tblAccomodation.AccomID = tblBookings.AccomID
    WHERE (((tblBookings.ReservationDate)>=[Forms]![frmMain]![txtArrDate]) AND ((tblBookings.DepartureDate)<=[Forms]![frmMain]![txtDepDate]));

Help Thx JasH

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: bookings query (SQL) (xp)

This is actually quite difficult. The INNER JOIN is not the way to go. It can give you a list of bookings that were within that date or not within that date, but that's not what you want.

Essentially what you want is a list of Rooms that had no booking records between those dates! Therefore, base your query on your Rooms table, then use Dcount or a subquery to get the count of booking records that occurred within your date range. Then set the selection critieria to =0. So, if the count is not zero for a room, that means it had a booking within that date range and won't be on the list.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: bookings query (SQL) (xp)

Chrs, you put me roughly on the right track with the final result being the following query

SELECT tblAccomodation.AccomID, tblAccomodation.TypeOfAccom, tblAccomodation.NoSleeps, tblAccomodation.Tariff, tblAccomodation.DisabledAccess, tblAccomodation.Smoking, tblAccomodation.Notes
    FROM tblAccomodation
    WHERE NOT tblAccomodation.AccomID IN (SELECT AccomID
    FROM tblBookings
    WHERE tblBookings.ReservationDate>=Forms!frmMain!txtArrD ate And tblBookings.DepartureDate<=Forms!frmMain!txtDepDat e OR tblBookings.ReservationDate<Forms!frmMain!txtArrDa te And tblBookings.DepartureDate>Forms!frmMain!txtArrDate And tblBookings.DepartureDate<=Forms!frmMain!txtDepDat e OR tblBookings.ReservationDate>=Forms!frmMain!txtArrD ate AND tblBookings.ReservationDate<Forms!frmMain!txtDepDa te And tblBookings.DepartureDate>Forms!frmMain!txtDepDate
    GROUP BY AccomID);

Thx JasH