2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OL2000 TMP files (OL2K sr1)

Recently I bought "System Mechanic", a nice set of disk utilities. It has some capabilities Norton used to have, and dropped, over the years. One of these searches for "useless" files - temps chief among them. After selecting the oldest temps, and sectively getting to more recent, I evidently got to a point where I deleted some info crucial to my PST file for Outlook - which threw a fit on it's next load.
    Anyone know what and where OL stores anything important in any temp files, in any folder? I was able to recover (with Norton, no less!) but I'd rather understand what not to whack next time.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OL2000 TMP files (OL2K sr1)

outlook has most of it's stuff in the app data folders, plus in the temp folder. as long as the temps are before the last reboot, they are dafe to delete.

do you know the file name that was deleted?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OL2000 TMP files (OL2K sr1)

Thanks - I'll never delete them all again - I'll leave the last month's or so there, and save to a compressed backup folder so I can recover more easily.
    I can't tell which might have been involved - there were over 1000. If they have a 0 as to their size, are they really empty/useless?