New Lounger
    Thanks

Access to Word merge (Office XP) (1)

Hello all.
    Was wondering whether anyone could point me in the right direction. I have an Access table which has patients (who occur more than once in the table) with their different diagnoses. Some patient have more than one diagnosis (hence appear 2 or 3 times in the same table) I need to do a merge to Word for each patient but would like all their diagnoses to appear on one page for each patient.

Thanks very much

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Access to Word merge (Office XP) (1)

Some observations:
    Your table design may not be optimal - are you storing diagnoses in a separate table from the patient information and then using a linking key to identify the patient involved. If not you might want to consider it.

You might also want to consider using an Access report rather than a Word merge. There are limitations in both products, but subreports in Access are an easy way of dealing with linked information such as multiple diagnoses. It is possible to do a Word merge in this situation using what is called a catalog merge - the advantage is that the Word merge is then editable, and you can do more complex formating. Of course you may not want that to happen either, as diagnoses could be changed in the Word document but not in the database.

Hope this give you some ideas to go on.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help (From Turniphead)

<P ID="nt"><font size=-1>(No Text)</font>