5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Partition Magic (7.0)

Can programs from one hard drive be moved to another hard drive with Partition Magic. I know you can move them from one partition to another partition on the same hard drive.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Partition Magic (7.0)

Not explicitly, no. However, if you've used PM to change or create partitions and programs that, for example, were on Drive D: are now on Drive E:, you can change program references in the registry with the supplemental program Drive Mapper that comes with PM. I haven't used Drive Mapper in Version 7 so I don't know how well it works. In earlier versions of the package, it would sometimes miss some things. So, if you've done some restructuring and are looking for a way to say - take all this stuff from this drive, pick it up and move it to that drive, Partition Magic isn't your answer. Maybe someone else will chime in with other recommendations.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Partition Magic (7.0)

What we have is two hard drives - the original 2 GB and an additional 10 GB. The 2 GB is the master and the boot drive. It is almost completely full. The 10 GB has 5 GB of free space. We need to create some free space on the 2GB drive. I know I can uninstall programs from the C (2GB) drive and reinstall them onto the D (10GB) but was wondering if Partition Magic would facilitate the transfer between the two physical drives.