2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gateway 3300 Laptop

I'm trying to find where I can get a "Port Replicator" or "Docking Station" for my Gateway 3300 Laptop

I need to have a Serial port interface and the basic 3300 doesn't have a Serial port *&^%%

Does anyone know of any Gateway dealers who I could contact to find such an item

I'm located in Sydney Australia but am looking worldwide for a solution, whether or not it's a Gateway product or some other unit which will give me a serial port for the 3300

Awaiting any guidance

Max Rieper
    mrieper@optushome.com.au

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Gateway 3300 Laptop

Here's someone who's selling one:

Here's where it connects:

Here's how to attach it:

Here's how I found them:

Can't say whether it's got a serial port or not. Would it be worth seeking out a USB to serial adapter instead, if that's the only reason you're looking for a docking station?

HTH

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for your prompt reply and advice !!

Yes actually all I need is Serial port access and I wasn't aware that there is such a thing as a USB to Serial Adaptor

So I'll go chase for one of 'em

Meanwhile many thanks

Max

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HTH

I don't know if you can also help me with another problem with my Gateway 3300 Laptop

The battery has "frozen up"

By that I mean that I can't run the 3300 on the battery, the beast jest won't Boot-up *^^%%

I checked the Battery status by pushing the little white spot underneath the 3300 and all 4 green LED's light up indicating that the battery is fully charged (which it should be cos I have been running the 3300 on the AC adaptor for some hours)

With the AC adaptor connected the Battery indicator green and orange LED's both flashn on and off at 5 second intervals (whatever that means !!)

I also carried out the Battery Training routine via the BIOS commands and when I ran that it immediately told me that the battery was already "Trained" and charged to 2700mAH's !!

I've been told that there is a software program which will run a discharge cycle on the battery so that it gets its "mind" restored

Do you know of any way to return my battery to a normal functioning condition, or have you any suggestions as to where I can turn to find out how to get it going again

Awaiting your assistance

Cheers n Tears
    Max
    mrieper@optushome.com.au

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Max,

Here's just one example I found whilst searching through Google. Undoubtably there are others, some 'cabled', others more compact.

As for the battery problem, I'll have a poke around tonight to see if I can find out anything.

Hope This Helps

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for your help and I've looked at the Greenwich USB/Serial Adaptor and that will do the job !!

I hope you'll be able to find how to fix my battery problem too as Gateway's Tech Support haven't responded even after several days *&^%$

Cheers n Beers
    Max