New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge issue (Word 2000)

I have a user who is out of space on her C: drive. I put in a second drive and set up Word to send all created documents to a folder on this new drive. When she tries to do a mail merge, however, it runs for a few seconds and gives an error message stating there is no more space available on the C: drive. How do i get the mail merge to save directly to the new drive?
    thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge issue (Word 2000)

Word, like many other applications, stores temporary files in the Temp folder. This is usually located on the C: drive.
    Windows maintains a paging or swap file to contain virtual memory. This paging file is usually located on the C: drive too.

Things you can do to create more space on C: for temporary files:

(1) Move document folders from C: to D: (Warning: don't move applications from C: to D: manually; you must uninstall and reinstall an application if you want it to reside on D
    (2) Close all applications. In Windows Explorer, look for the Temp folder. Delete all files in that folder (if any).
    (3) Tell Windows to maintain the paging/swap file on D: How to do this, depends on the Windows version running on the user's PC. Windows Help (the one you get from the Start menu) should tell you how to change this.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you , i will try to change the location of the swap file. Is there any way to instruct windows to create temp files on the D: drive?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Undoubtedly, but I'm not an expert in that. You might try asking that in the Windows forum for the appropriate version.

New Lounger
    Thanks

OK. Thanks again for your help, i'll let you know how it works out.