Star Lounger
    Thanks

PCS Graphics files (Office 6.3)

Hi folks.

Does anyone know of a way to convert the PCS graphics files that came with Office 6.3 to a format that can be read by other graphics programs and used with Office 2000?

Thanks in advance, Geoff

Thanks

Re: PCS Graphics files (Office 6.3)

Geoff ~

Is the PCS the extension? The only time I have come across .pcs files has been embroidering hats and jackets. Please advise.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Bruce

I am going from memory but I think PCS is correct. It was a graphic format in Word/Office under Win 3.x that had what we might call cabinet type files in today's parlance. There were many interesting and some thought, useful, graphics available in the Office 6.3 clipart in numerous of these files.

There was a bit of a flurry over these file libraries or cabinets when they were no longer available with Office 95 or Office 97--I'm not sure which now. There was quite a debate on various forums when people realised that these files might be lost forever but as far as I know, nothing came of it.

I contacted several graphic porgram developers at the time in an attempt to encourage them to provide a conversion utility--to no avail.

Today I was looking for some arrows and could not find anything that would do the job but I know that there were several in the old Office 6.3 clipart--whatever the file format. I had versions of what I wanted in old PowerPoint presentations but the graphics loaded from these mysterious file libraries were not exactly as required.

Short of reinstalling Office 6.3 on one of my backup computers and converting the graphics one at a time--what a pain--all these files are lost and I cannot believe that I am the only Office user from those days who could not re-use some of the graphics involved.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It would be less work to use a graphic editor and create your own that to try converting an obscure file extension from more than a decade ago. There are all kinds of graphics sites on the web. Have you tried exploring them?
    Charlotte

Thanks

If .pcs is correct, then you are out of luck unless you deisre to spend money on embroidery software that can read it. There are tons of free arrows on the web.
    If you would, please e-mail me a few .pcs files (preferably zipped) so I can compare it to a .pcs file I have.