Thread: subreport (97)

New Lounger
    Thanks

subreport (97)

I have a subreport that fails to display any data when embedded in another report. It is OK when run by itself. 3 fields comprise the master and the child link fields. If I remove the third field then the subreport works inside a master report. This subreport was created from a form by doing a "Save as report". If I embed the subform in the report, it works with the 3 field link. Is this a bug with subreports or maybe with the Save as Report function?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: subreport (97)

The usual reason for a form working as a stand-alone form but not as a subform is the use of Forms!formname!controlname syntax. A subform is not considered an open form, so it is not in forms collection. Same for Reports. Also, you need to check the Master/Child Linking fields in the subreport control name.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, however I have checked the items you mention. What puzzles me is that the subreport, which was generated by a "Save As Report" from a form, will not work in a master report while the form it was based on does work as a subform on a master form. Both the master form and the master report have the same record source. Both the master form and the master report use the same Master/Child Linking fields in the Link Child Fields and Link Master Fields properties. I can even place the subform on the master report and have it work, but I can't get the subreport to work on the master report. The subform and the subreport are identical except for the width of the bound text boxes that are in their Detail sections.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

The only thing I can think of that would seemingly cause this would be if there was in fact a difference in the recordsources between the subreport and the subform, or if perhaps there is a filter be applied to the subreport.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.