2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Appointments and meetings--VBScript (2k sr1)

Evening all. I have a sort of convoluted situation here, all my own doing, but I wanted to get some general advice on how I might resolve it.

I am building an interview-scheduling application in public folders in Outlook. The process at this point is this:

--Administrator creates a new candidate in the "Candidates" folder on frmCandidate when resume is received.

--Administrator modifies frmCandidate when ready to schedule interviews, going to "Schedule" tab of the form and selecting a date, time, and N number of interviews. This process creates N interviews using the frmInterview in the "Interviews" calendar folder.

--Administrator goes to each frmInterview, selects the interviewer from a dropdown list, and clicks cmdScheduleInterview. This command adds the interviewer to the "Attendees" page of frmInterview, changes the Meeting Status of the item to olMeeting, sets a reminder, and sends the meeting as a meeting request to the interviewer.

--However, on the "send" command, I get a "reminder will not appear" dialog (because the item is not in the administrator's calendar/tasks) and a "responses will not be tallied" dialog.

--I would really like to suppress both of those prompts, as , but I don't know what code I need.

--Then, when the meeting request arrives at the interviewer's inbox, she can open it and select Accept/Tentative/Decline. I'd like to get behind those buttons so that Accept and Tentative both simply move the corresponding appointment into the calendar, but that decline behaves as normal (i.e., sends a message to the Administrator so that he knows the interviewer has declined).

Is any of this possible?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

klyjen

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Appointments and meetings--VBScript (2k sr1)

Boy, this is bigger than a bread box! I'm not positive, but I think you're getting the prompts because you're setting the olMeeting for the appointment. Appointments and Meetings are separate items that work together. I think that if you modify your approach to generate meeting requests to the attendee(s) then the issues you mention will be solved.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts, OldDog. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something, though--I thought changing the meeting status of the appointment to olMeeting *was* generating meeting requests to the attendees. That is how it is behaving, anyway...

klyjen

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Appointments and meetings are not very clear to me. I've only done 2-3, and that was a while back. But as I understand it, you need to have the original appointment around as an appointment. The attendees who accept will have separate instances of the appointment created in their calendar if they accept the meeting request. They are tied together by a key value. So I think you're losing this when you change the appointment to a meeting. Instead, you want to use .send to send out meeting requests to the attendees. This will generate the forms with all the information needed.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm still playing with this, then, and will post here if I figure out how to suppress those message...