Super Moderator
    Thanks

Is there a method for copying shortcut menus (Word 2000)

Does anyone know of a sensible method for copying shortcut menus applied in one template across to another template?

The best options I can think of are:
    Duplicate template 1 and replace its contents with template 2's content by using the organiser and copy paste
    Duplicate template 1 and strip its contents and load it as an add-in
    Recreate from scratch

None of these really crank my dial so I am hoping someone else has a better way.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Is there a method for copying shortcut menus (Word 2000)

I frequently modify my shortcut menus, but always save it to Normal. I've never thought about saving it to a document and then transfering to another doc. I do that with styles, however, I see there's no "menu" tab in Organizer. That bites. Let me know if you find out a way to do that. I might need the solution someday.

-Lenny

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Andrew:
    There is no GOOD way, so far as I know. One thing I've done, but it's a hassle, is to create dropdown toolbars for each menu that I modify, giving it an appropriate name, so I can remember which one I modified. Then I can copy the toobars to the new template. However, I'm still left with the task of copying commands from the toolbars to the appropriate menu. Do you think this method is any easier?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I guess that way is as good as any but still sub-optimal.

As per the other response, I usually put shortcut menu and keyboard shortcut things only in my Normal. I have to keep some advantages for myself. Most of my template users don't go looking at shortcut menus for goodies anyway. If it aint visible on screen then it aint there for the majority of them.

I haven't ever had to copy shortcut menus between templates but have been asked if I knew a better way.

Do you have a method for the keyboard shortcuts. Putting them into a toolbar isn't going to be an option.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>Do you have a method for the keyboard shortcuts.<hr>
    Yes. It is a template written by Chris Woodman & allows you to copy keyboard shortcuts. You can get it at http://www.chriswoodman.co.uk/Shortcut Organizer.htm Let me know if the link isn't good anymore; I downloaded it some time ago.
    Cheers,