4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another query problem (A2K)

I am trying something in a query and it is giving me fits. I need to return all records based on a date control on a form. The kicker is that I want to add 10 days to the date in the control. Here is what I have in the criteria for the field in the query:

<([forms]![frmreportform]![txtenddate]+10)

This gives me an error that says it is too complex to be evaluated. Does anyone know the correct way to list this one?

Thanks,
    Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another query problem (A2K)

Mark:

Give this a shot: <DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![frmReportForm].[txtEndDate].[Value])
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=blue>~Shane</font color=blue></font face=comic>

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think there's a problem with the query expression itself, it should work OK, however, need to take a look at the "date control" (textbox?) on the form . You need to specifiy a valid date format, such as Short Date, Medium Date, whatever. Testing this, I was able to reproduce "Too complex" error only when the textbox on form did not have a specific date format specified in Format property. When date format specified for textbox, query works OK.

HTH

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

PS: Another option that will work even if date format NOT specified for control on form. Open Query Parameters dialog (Query menu item) and in "Parameter" column enter [Forms]![frmreportform]![txtenddate]. In "Data Type" column select Date/Time. This will ensure that the form control value referenced in query is evaluated as a date. Of course, to get correct results when query runs the control on form must contain a valid date value.

HTH