New Lounger
    Thanks

Contacts and email problems

This is similar to the post back on 1/8/01 about how to get rid of the (E-mail) tag for email addresses when using contacts for your address book. I suspect this is just another design flaw in Outlook.

A contact can have up to 3 email addresses. When you right mouse click on the email address and show the properties you get a popup window with three elements.
    1. Display name
    2. E-mail address
    3. E-mail type

Since Outlook keeps a

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts and email problems

was the address for the hacked dll in that old post? except then you have no idea which is email 1 and email 2 [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

you can click on the address in contacts and change the display name to the actual email address. i think there is a macro to do it at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.slipstick.com>http://www.slipstick.com</A>, otherwise it might take a long time. [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img]

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts and email problems

> you can click on the address in contacts and
    > change the display name to the actual email address

Yes, I have done this but when selecting an address from the address book when contacts are used for your email addresses, the displayed name still refers to E-mail, E-mail 2, or E-mail 3, NOT the changed email name you have modified in the contact record itself. The address book I'm referring to is the one that pops up when clicking on the TO: button when composing a message or when using the address book icon on the standard tool bar from any mail folder.

I have the Outlook Address book configured to "show names as" "Last, first" if that makes any difference.