2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print email wo/any headers (OE5.x)

A friend asks if there is any way to print emails without any headers at all. I suggested highlighting the body of the email, then using the print function, but since I don't use OE at all, I'm wondering if there were any other options. Apparently, the sender emails out TO: this huge distribution list and when printing, the first page and a half are email addresses. For "political" reasons, the sender can't be lectured about BCC or other options.

Thanks.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print email wo/any headers (OE5.x)

Since BCC is out of the question, you're assumption is correct. To print the message only, highlight (or select) the area required, sent to printer and ask it to "print selected area only". I use multiple email programs including OE and find this is the case in most.

Thanks

If the person wants to avoid printing just the addressee list, so that the rest of the headers show, try Save As... a .txt file, open in Notepad, delete To: then print.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have the same problem with to many email headers. What does it mean BCC and other options
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

BBC is blind carbon copy, meaning you can send an email to an addressee, then Blind Carbon Copy it to as many people you want without the addresses of the BBC's showing up on the original email. Its often used in mailing lists, or for privacy reasons. In short it means the recipient of the original will be unaware the message was sent to more than one address. HTH