Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to get document with controls out of 'design' (2000)

I've using some VB in Access and thought I'd fool around with it in Word. I just put a command button with MsgBox code behind it. I saved, closed, opened the document but when I click the button it's still in a 'design' mode. How do you make the document ready to be used by others?

Thanks,

Randy

Thanks

Re: How to get document with controls out of 'design' (2000)

Although it is apparently possible to place controls in documents, I have never done it. Possibly they only work when the document is locked for forms??

Your more standard choices for running VBA procedures are menu items, toolbar buttons, and MACROBUTTON fields.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: How to get document with controls out of 'design' (2000)

Randy,

When you add an ActiveX control to a document using the controls available on the 'Controls Toolbox', you should see two floating toolbars on your screen - one is the Controls Toolbox, and the other is a little mini-toolbar which only contains one item - hover your mouse over that item, and the tooltip says "Exit Design Mode" - if you click on this, it should take you out of design mode. The same button is available on the Controls Toolbox itself.

As Jefferson indicated, these ActiveX controls are pretty much the least desirable option for making controls available in Word.

Gary