2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

REPORT FORMATTING (ACCESS 2000)

I would like to request help on the following problem I am having in formatting a report:
    I have a report that is grouped by Project ID and then by Category. I would like the report to display certain project functions by name and number of hours. I would like the hours to be totaled by Category and a percentage shown for each Category (there are 3.)
    The tricky part (at least to me) is I want the 2 of the Categories (that will not have a Project ID number) to be added together ONLY for the percentage portion and then that combined percentage total has to be displayed in the report footer along with the percentage total from the 3rd Categoy.
    CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT BEFORE I GO NUTS! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Easy Access

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: REPORT FORMATTING (ACCESS 2000)

I'm confused by your statement that you group your report on ProjectID, but that some Categories have no ProjectID.

But anyhow, I would suggest creating one or more queries that compute the percentages you want to be displayed in the report footer.
    In the report footer, either place text boxes that get the percentages from these queries using DLookup, or place one or more subreports bound to the queries.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: REPORT FORMATTING (ACCESS 2000)

Is this question related to this one? If so, it would be better to stick to one thread and work on getting the answers you need rather than restating the question in another thread.
    Charlotte