4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Software or Link that Names all files/folders in Win XP Pro

I'm looking for a download or web page that would name all files for Utilites and components
    of programs intrinsic to Windows XP, for example the file or folder for Search Companion,
    the file or folder for Disk Clean Up, and the place to find the Readme.doc file for Outlook
    Express which my toolbar Help says is on the CD and doesn't show up in a search
    that finds Outlook Express's folders. I also posted this in Software needs and wants
    because I don't think everyone reads both and was hoping to find what would be a
    useful application or web page.

Thanks,

defrag

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Software or Link that Names all files/folders in Win XP Pro

Windows XP in a Nutshell published by O'Reilly has a list of Windows XP components you may find useful as a starting point. The Online version of the book (which does not include all information found in actual book, for obvious reasons) provides the list here:

Alphabetical Reference to Windows Components

The book itself is highly recommended. I went out & bought copy soon as I got my new XP computer and it was money well spent.

PS - Actual file locations may depend on your XP installation. I would just search for filename in question.

HTH

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Software or Link that Names all files/folders in Win XP Pro

Mark--Thanks. I have it and am checking it out. And the Nutshell books are always
    very helpful. I also noticed that when you search for the files, you sometimes get the
    benefit of their file names that are useful at various times; tucking them somewhere
    for future reference and also finding targets' file names has helped. I'm going to keep
    looking for some ultimate list(s) and there have to be utilities out there that gather all
    these Window component file names as well as third party installation and download
    file names into one convenient place. Norton unerase wizard does this to some
    extent (in System Works) but it's not what I'm after.

defrag