Star Lounger
    Thanks

media player 7.01

I don't know if this is the correct place for my question, but I'll try. I have a cd with mp3 files on it. I want to play them from windows media player. When I launch the player, I can't find any place on the player to select the cd and play all the songs. I can select 1 song through windows explorer and media player comes up and plays. But it won't go to the next song.

Other media players I have used allow you to select a directory (cd drive) and play all the songs. Can this be done in media player for mp3 songs?

This is for my wife when she is at work. They only have media player

Thanks,
    Mike

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: media player 7.01

Hi Mike:
    I'm not an expert with Windows Media Player, but if your files are associated with it, they should play automatically if you have autoplay on. To turn on or off, go to Start/Settings/Control Pane/ System/ Device Manager tab/ View Devices By Type/ click the plus sign next to the CD-ROM drive, & right-click your CD-ROM device, choose the Properties/ Settings tab. Check or uncheck the Auto Insert Notification box.

I keep mine off & find that I can select all the tracks from the Explorer & press Enter. Then they all appear in Media Player. On the lower right part of MP, there's a button to expand & contract it. In expanded view, you should see a list of songs if you click either Now Playing or CD Audio. I admit I haven't tried it with MP3, but I don't see why it should make a difference.

If it doesn't work, post back & I'm sure someone else will be able to answer.
    Cheers,

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: media player 7.01

I tried the suggestion, but it did not work. I then tried to insert the cd, go to windows explorer and select all the songs. Right click the songs after selected and click play. The last song on the cd plays and then media player stops. When I use wav files everything is ok, but the mp3's and mp just don't seem to work correctly.
    There must be a way in mp to select the cd drive and the songs appear and they play, but I can't find how to do this for mp3's.
    Mike