5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Labels (XP/2K)

How can I print sequentially multiple copies of a label? i.e. I want to print 4 copies of each mailing label one after the other on the same sheet, before printing the next one.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Labels (XP/2K)

Microsoft has a solution for this: see HOW TO: Skip Used Mailing Labels and Print Duplicates in Access 2000. They also have a report samples database in which this is demonstrated. You'll find a link for downloading this database at the bottom of the KB article.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Zave,

Another solution is to set up another table (let's call it tblCopies) which contains nothing more a single integer field (call this field [CopyNo]). Then add a bunch of records to tblCopies, sequentially numbering them from 1 to perhaps 10 (allowing for up to 10 copies per label) Now, add this table into your query that produces the labels (let's assume this is just a single table to make this example more understandable). Since there is no common fields, a cartesion product of the 2 tables is created, in which each record from your data table is linked with every record in tblCopies.

Finally, you need a way to place a selection criteria on the CopyNo field. You can make it a parameter query (in which case the computer will stop and pop a box asking for "The number of copies to print?"), or you can include it in a WHERE clause in your OpenReport method to start the label report.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried this and it works like a charm. Thanks for the info.