5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finding MSPAINT (Windows95)

I need to find and install MSPAINT. I looked on my CD and was not able to locate the exe file. Where else might I find this? I do not think it is on the Office 97 CD or it would have been installed when I re-installed that a short time ago.
    Or is there a better (free) alternative out there?
    I am fiddling around with some how-to articles which involve using Paint to create tick-mark images.
    TYIA!

Thanks

Re: Finding MSPAINT (Windows95)

It should have been installed if you did a "Typical" installation according to:
    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q123876 - Installed Components for Typical, Compact, or Portable Setup
    Try looking in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components and see if it is listed under Accessories as something you can add.
    (I can't remember the exact wording for this window, it should be somethingh like that.)

Otherwise, this may help:
    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q129605 - HOW TO: Extract Original Compressed Windows Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Finding MSPAINT (Windows95)

MSPAINT is part of Window.
    Go to the configuration panel and open Add New Software.
    Select the Windows Setup Tab and select Accesories. Click on Details, and check the checkbox in front of Paint.
    Have you windows CD, it will be asked for installation.
    Terms can be a little different because of translation from my dutch version if Windows ME, and if you have another version than Windows ME
    Francois