2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Column headings in user form list box (Word 2000)

How can I create column headings for a multi-column list box in a Word 2000 user form? I don't mind whether I use the properties in designing the form, or add the headings programmatically. I've been able to specify that I want column headings, using the ColumnHeads = True property, but cannot find any reference in Help or any of my documentation to getting the names into the headings. (I'm probably missing the obvious, but have run out of places to look!)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Column headings in user form list box (Word 2000)

In Office 97, this wasn't possible in a user form in Word - you could only have column headings if the Listbox had a RowSource property that referred to a range in Excel. See OFF97: Cannot Implement ListBox, ComboBox Control ColumnHeads Property. I couldn't find a corresponding KB article for Office 2000, so maybe there is hope...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried to do this in the past and never found a solution, at the risk of suggesting the obvious can you achieve what you want with a suitably placed label?

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I had decided to use labels if I couldn't acheive what I want. It's a pity not to be consistent with the look of the multi-column list boxes in the Word interface (such as in custom document properties), but if it's as difficult as it seems to be, that will be my fall-back position.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have to admit I forgot to try the KB, because I've had such abysmal experiences with it in the past! I did check out some links that I found in a response to another post, but to no avail. Might just have to go with the labels!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

I came across this problem the other day and noticed your query. I did have the opportunity to go to Microsoft (work has the ability to set Microsoft help at the drop of a hat). Well anyway it looks like Microsoft have given users the option to create columnheads but not the ability to put anything in them.

My solution, was to create a listbox above the main listbox, set the columns widths exactly the same and when it runs it lines up exactly.

Hope this helps for future listboxes !!

Regards
    Jack