Lounger
    Thanks

Protected Cell copy mystery (2002)

I find that if I copy a protected sheet to a new worksheet using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, the pasted material is not protected, which is what I want. If I automate it using VBA i.e. selection .copy and selection.paste,etc., the pasted cells are still protected. What is going on here?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Protected Cell copy mystery (2002)

I can't reproduce this in Excel 97.

If I copy to an unprotected sheet, the pasted cells will preserve the "Locked" status of the source, whether I copy manually or in VBA.

If I copy to unprotected cells on a protected sheet, the pasted cells will be unprotected, whether I copy manually or in VBA.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think you need to look at the changes to protection in Excel 2002. I don't have a copy on my PC here, but I know the options have been extended somewhat in 2002, so that manual or coded processes that worked in earlier versions are different in this one.

Sorry I can't be more specific - you probably need someone with a copy of Excel 2002 in front of them to help you!

Lounger
    Thanks

You may have part of the solution. I just realized I have been doing this in both Excel 2000 and 2002. Forgot I have two different installations on two different machines.
    thanks, Steve