Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word Mail Merge page length (XP)

We're having an issue with a mail merge. The data source is in Excel. Because the address lengths differ, the page breaks are getting screwed up, where one line of a 5-line table ends up on the second page, when it should all be on page 1. It is my understanding there may be some VB code which could be written to dynamically determine where the page break should go based on the length of the first page. (Margins on page 2+ are different than page 1 - letterhead.) As I know NOTHING about VB Code, but have someone who could check it for me, does anyone know what can be done?
    Thanks for your help.
    Debbie

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Word Mail Merge page length (XP)

Without using code (which appears to be overkill here) you should be able to do this by either
    applying styles to the line entries with paragraph formatting to control "keep with next"
    putting the address information into a single table cell and applying table formatting to not "allow row to break across pages"

Either of these options can be used to stop the addresses spanning a page break.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Mail Merge page length (XP)

Andrew:

Thank you for reminding me of the simple things! I didn't even consider that. I will try that out. Hopefully, it will adjust the page margins for page 2 as well.

Debbie