2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SendObject works in 97, but not in 2000 (2000 SR 1)

I created a database in Access 97 to register participants for classes. The database (via VBA) parses any number of requests for registration, validates space is available in the desired class and registers the participants. Once the person is registered for a class, the database automatically emails the participant a confirmation using the following statement

' Send the email
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Email, , , eSubject, eBody, False

where "email" is the email address, eSubject is a string with the email subject line and eBody is a string with the email message itself.

This worked great under Access 97, but when the database was converted to Access 2000, the confirmation is only sent to the first participant processed. The database must be closed and reopened to send the next email.

Any idea what can be done to fix this?

Thanks,

Larry

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: SendObject works in 97, but not in 2000 (2000 SR 1)

What happens when you try to send the second confirmation? Do you get an error message, or does it just fail silently?
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SendObject works in 97, but not in 2000 (2000 SR 1)

I had the same problem with Access 2000 when attempting to send reports to my companies branches.

There are articles in the Microsoft KB stating that this is a known problem and suggest using CDO. This looked far too complex.

I ended up using DoCmd.OutputTo to save the report on my system and then used automation to get Outlook to create a new message and attach the file. This has worked very well and opened up other possibilities for us.

HTH