New Lounger
    Thanks

kernel_stack_inpage error

I was running Internet Explorer at the time, when the computer started clicking like mad, and posted this error message on the Blue Screen of Death:

<pre>KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP: 0x0000007A (0xE1531578, 0XC000000E, 0XBF8F605A, 0X0F1C1860)

win32k.sys - Address BF8F605A base at BF800000 DateStamp 3b7de698</pre>

There was also bunch of the usual stuff (e.g. "if this has happened for the first time, restart"). Included were recommendations that I remove any new hardware or software and disable BIOS caching or shadowing.

After this, the sections of my Comfort Keyboard failed, one after another, and the computer failed to detect the whole thing. As far as my addled comp was concerned, it was an Unknown USB Device.

Any help I receive would be appreciated.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: kernel_stack_inpage error

Wow, that sounds mysteriously like what Woody covered in his latest Windows XP Watch. Run a full CHKDSK - right click on any drive in Windows Explorer, select properties, and go to the Tools tab. Tick both checkboxes. Reboot and check about a half hour later to see if it's done (or watch it if you need help sleeping).

Most likely, this happened because part of the paging file is on a portion of the disk that has errors.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: kernel_stack_inpage error

Thank you for your information. Yesterday, we finally took the machine into the shop. Hopefully that will settle the issue.
    So far they have not contacted us, I expect to have some idea in the next couple of days.