Thread: printing email

New Lounger
    Thanks

printing email

Greetings,

For some odd reason my outlook 2k emails print as a solid block of toner. The print preview looks fine but somehow things get goofy between my machine and the printer.

I'm printing to a networked printer {HP Laserjet 5M) and have no problems printing from any other Microsoft program (word, excel, access, or powerpoint). The print style is memo style and I've set the mail options to text only. I've tweaked things here and there, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Corey Colyer

preed

Re: printing email

I've had this happen a few times before. I removed the printer, then re-installed it.

Even though only Outlook is affected, removing and re-adding the driver always fixed it for me.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I just uninstalled the printer and re-installed it. But the problem persists. I suspect that my machine is having trouble communicating with the printer. It appears that anytime there is an embedded object in a Word file, an Acrobat file, etc, the object prints as a negative. Outlook mail seems to be printing as an object. I'm still poking around, but suspect my problem is configuration on the printer.

ileacy

I have had success using older drivers. I keep a LJ3 driver on my notebook. It has worked on a variety of Lasers, both HP and other.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have had some odd problems with PCL6 drivers and changing to the PCL5 has corrected the problems.