Thread: Page Breaks

Richard

Page Breaks

I have Excel 97, SR2. I have never been able to get page breaks to work. I've tried inserting them every way that is described in the "help," yet I never can get them to work. Is this a known bug in this version, or am I just doing something wrong (like trying to follow Microsoft's help instructions!)?

Thanks.

Richard

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page Breaks

I do it by going into the View PageBreaks mode from Print Preview. (Make sure that you have more than one page first.)
    Then I drag the pagebreak bar to where I want it.
    I used to get into all sorts of trouble trying to insert page breaks, so this is my way out.
    Ruth

Richard

Wow, thanks. That was easy! I appreciate the help.

Richard

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

One thing I have found with pagebreaks is it makes a difference depending on what is the active cell.

If I want to insert a horizontal page break I need to be in Column A. Being in the pagebreak view helps, but I think it's more a matter of figuring out why they aren't working the way you want them to. Unfortunately most of us don't have the time and just trip over things by trial and error.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hello,
    I have found that if you use the print # pages wide, # pages high the page break does not work but if I then click the percent size for printing, the breaks then work.