2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't see myself in Net Neighborhood

I have a 5 node peer to peer network with a WIN 98 machine acting as the hub (Win Proxy is running on the hub). I'm connected to the internet via a DSL connection. Everything was OK until over the weekend when we "cleaned off" (FDisk, Format, and install Win98 and the proxyserver) the server for reasons not germaine to this post. Two of the machines are Win98, one is Win2K and one is Win ME (I swore I'd never try to support more than one OS at a time). The 2 Win98 machines are having a devil of a time. I've spent several hours on the horn with WinProxy support and we pretty well determined that it is set up OK. However, the following bizarre problems persist: using IE 5 I cannot see the web or using OL2K I cannot send or receive email. When I restart the Win2K the startup says it cannot see (establish connection, I believe) with the server. However, I can ping ther server from all of the machines, can Ping the internet, and can ping other nodes on the net. When I ping at c:>ping -l 1500 the ping fails, at 1470 it succeeds. Any ideas?

ileacy

Re: Can't see myself in Net Neighborhood

Do you have the same SubNetMask on all systems?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't see myself in Net Neighborhood

Ian,
    Yes, I have the same subnet mask. I just discovered the problem/solution. I had turned off sharing on the network properties as recommended by the WinProxy consultant. When I turned sharing back on for the server, the 2 win98 machines are back working.
    Thanks for your help and consider this thread closed.