Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lost Personalized Menus in Start Menu (Win XP Pro)

I was switching between the classic and new start menus to see which one I liked. Finally decided I prefered the classic but after switching back to that I have lost the ability to enable personalized menus although I have that function checked in the advanced properties. Any help as to how I can get this back would be appreciated. I would like to do the least amount of tweaking I can but would like to have these again.

Thanks
    Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost Personalized Menus in Start Menu (Win XP Pro)

Also, to add to your question, is there anyway to customize the "All Programs" menu in the Windows XP Start menu. It would be nice, for example, to not have most of the programs *not* listed in the Guest user account. Also, I would like to group the programs under different menus on the start menu of my wife's user account.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost Personalized Menus in Start Menu (Win XP Pro)

When I want to customize my Start menu, I just drag and drop with the mouse. If I want to make subgroups, then I right click on the Start button, go to Properties, switch to Classic, click on Customize|Advanced|Start|Programs|File|New|Folders and set up new subgroups. Then say ok back to properties, switch from (or keep) Classic and apply. Then click on Start|All Programs and you will see the new folders into which you can drag and drop other programs on the list.