Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Paste Explorer to DOCument (word97/sr2)

Something I didn't know, it may have a use .....

My Word macro having bombed and shown me my own message 'I could not find <docname>", I launch Windows Explorer and use the right-click technique to Copy the document from Here and Paste it to There, ready for the next time I run the macro.

That done I retreat to Word, kill my MsgBox popup, and in a fit of idle curiousity wonder just what I've written in the document that I've just pasted, A COPY OF WHICH IS STILL GLUED TO MY MOUSE!

I choose Edit Paste within Word and hey Bingo! a PICTURE of text text contents of the document gets pasted. A snapshot, if you will, rather like the PrtScr trick. But not Text.

Image.

Graphic, eh?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste Explorer to DOCument (word97/sr2)

When I tried this (Copy a file in Explorer, Paste into Word) what I get is the file embedded as an object in my document. It has the file icon and the file name, and when I double click on the icon, the file opens (after Word asks if I really think its safe to do so).

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste Explorer to DOCument (word97/sr2)

OK. Too, I have since discovered that I get the "screen snapshot" only when there are small files. Trying it with a large file gave me "not enough memory, save your work, and then give up" or similar.

I suspect your ICON might be due to options settings, or a leter version of Word.

I think I'm the only person in the Northern Hemisphere still running Word97SR2(grin!)