Thread: ApplyFilter

pthorn

ApplyFilter

I am using Access 97.
    I have a form which is based upon a query that includes all fields I require from a particular table (Table 'A').

In the header of the form I have a date field which I use as criteria for the ApplyFilter command.

In the AfterUpdate event of the date field in the header I firstly delete all the records from Table 'A' with the same date as the date entered. I then populate Table 'A' from another table (Table 'B') based upon the date entered.
    I then use the Applyfilter command and nothing shows in the Detail section of the form, however if I goto the query and run the query I get all the records from Table 'A' that have been added from Table 'B'.
    I hope this is clear!!?
    Can somebody please help.
    [img]/w3timages/icons/sad.gif[/img]
    Pat

Thanks

Re: ApplyFilter

Hi Pat,
    I think you may need to requery your form once you've added the records from table B to table A and before you try filtering.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

pthorn

Hi Rory,
    Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested, I put a forms!TrailRides.requery just before the docmd.applyfilter "qryTrailRides" and it still shows nothing in the detail section (these 2 commands are in the AfterUpdate of the date control in the header section). If I then go and run the query (by choosing the query tab, then opening the query) I get the correct records displayed.
    Any more ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Pat

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is this code in the TrailRides form? Is qryTrailRides the record source for your form? If so, why are you trying to apply it as a filter? Instead try this:

Me.Filter = "[RideDate]=" & [txtDate]
    Me.FilterOn = True

where RideDate is assumed to be the name of the date field in your underlying datasource and [txtDate] is the name of the control in your form header.
    Charlotte

pthorn

The code is in the AfterUpdate event of the date in the forms header. The query qryTrailRides is the record source of the form. I have tried what you said and put a me.query after those 2 lines of code, BUT it still does not work. However if I dont delete from the table then add records to the table it works beautifully. Is it the fact that I am deleting records from the table based upon the date and then adding records again based upon the same date then doing the requery.
    I am at a loss!!
    [img]/w3timages/icons/sad.gif[/img]
    Pat

Thanks

Hi Pat,
    Can you post the entire code in the AfterUpdate event?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel