I am not sure if this is a bug or just a bad situation. We have one e-mail account where customers send in orders. The CSR can log into the account and check the e-mail, but I am trying to create some method of extra functionality. I've set up a Rules Wizard then when an e-mail arrives, it is copied to the Task Folder. Fine. But when someone tries to alter that task - (ie, change status, assign date, mark completed) it reads: "You can't change this field in this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item.". As well, in the icon field shows as an e-mail.
If I were to manually copy the e-mail and move it into Tasks - it sets up as a regular Task Item, allowing me to change, update or assign normally.

Is there something different about the Rules Wizard procedure that changes the property of the e-mail? Is there any way around this such as creating a macro to change the property from e-mail to task? If so, can the macro run when the account is not opened by any CSR and running on Exchange in the background?Help!