Lounger
    Thanks

access (runtime)

I have a database on the network and it is shared. We create a shortcut to the users desktop. I just have one machine that when she opens the database the tool bar appears, then it quickly disappears. There is no view tool bar option. It is a custom tool bar and it opens just fine on all other machines.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: access (runtime)

You will have to obtain the mdb version of the database to modify what toolbars / buttons are visible. Then the mdb will have to be converted to the runtime version to get you back to where you were.

Lounger
    Thanks

The tool bar is fine on the other machines, that this database is on. The tool bar shows up when the other users open the same database. It seems to me it is just her profile because when I open it to run as a different user the tool bar stays. I have even given her admin permissions and still the tool bar disappears.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

OK - are we dealing with a .MDB file or is it a .MDE file? Looking at the extension may not be enough to tell for sure, so hold down the SHIFT key while the database is opened if the database window is hidden, and then see if you can view a form or report in the database. If you can view the design that says it's an MDB file. If you can do that, then you should be able to make the custom tool bar visible from the menu. If you can't, it seems likely that something is corrupt on that Access installation, or some configuration issue exists. You might try setting the toolbars back to their default settings just to see if something is clobbered in that part of the configuration. By the way, what version of Access and what OS are you using?
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

We are using version access 2000 runtime and the OS is Windows 2000 Pro. This only happens to one of our machines. All the other machine that run this database the tool bar shows. I was thinking it has something to do with her profile. I have ran the database as me and the tool bar appears. When I start access the toolbar appears, just for a second and then it disappears. Maybe I should try what you suggested.
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I'm confused by what you mean with runtime? Are you working with a runtime version of Access, and don't have the full install of Access, or are you dealing with an MDE?
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If your user has Access installed she may have created a toolbar with the same name as your toolbar. This could confuse Access! Also distributions intended to run under the runttime sometimes run under real Access. Again this can give different results.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks

A client of mine had a situation looking similar to the one you experience now. I had to