Lounger
    Thanks

Loading Applications on New Computer

Just a question. In loading a bunch of new applications on a new system I know that it is smart to load each application separately and make sure the system and application works properly. Is it advised to restart after each application also or not? I know some programs advise you have to restart before using the program but some I've noticed don't. I know that if you load 5 applications one after another and the system starts hanging you won't know which one is the problem. What's the best thing to do?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loading Applications on New Computer

When in doubt, load each new program separately, reboot in between - - and back up your registry!

The reason many programs ask you to 'reboot' your computer is so that they can replace files that are presently in use by Windows. You cannot replace a file if it is actively in use. The Windows OS uses many files to operate. If a new program you want to install needs to replace an active file, it will tell you to 'reboot to complete installation'. If a program is NOT going to replace an active file, there is no reason for it to tell you to reboot.