The SP3 install went ok, I guess (I didn't do it), but now the installer won't work. I can't install anything else on the computer without getting an error part way through.

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I'm not in safe mode. I've tried re-installing the Installer (2.0) but it won't re-install; tells me it's already available. My "support personnel" is stumped also, and I've goofed around with it but am way below him in terms of enlightenment. I don't see anything at the WIndows sites for this particular problem. Any ideas? I've also tried installing in both my regular user and administrator mode, with no luck. I'm running Go-Back on the machine and have also tried shutting that down before installing, but no luck there. I wonder if that might be a potential problem, though. I'm not sure if Go-Back was uninstalled and then re-installed after the SP3 was put on.

Thanks in advance for your help.