New Lounger
    Thanks

how to use IF and ASK/FILLIN fields together (Office XP)

What I am wanting to do is to insert an IF field into a document. What I want it to do is to bookmark to another FILLIN field, which is in the middle of the form, in which a simple yes or no question is asked. Then, only if the answer is yes, to ask another question and input the answer at a designated spot at the top of the form. From reading Word help, I beleive I can use the ASK field with a bookmark to be able to do this. My dilemma is the order that the fields activate. The first FILLIN field is in the middle of the form, and if the answer is yes, then I want another prompt to come up. The answer to this prompt will go to the top of the form.

First question: Can I change the order in which fields are 'activated'?

Second question: What would be the correct form of the combined IF and FILLIN/ASK fields? Please explain yourself in detail if you can as well.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to use IF and ASK/FILLIN fields together (Office XP)

Hi Josh:
    It may be because it's late at night, but I'm confused. What is it that your trying to accomplish? That is, you have some form & what do you actually want to do with the answers. At this point, I have no idea why you're using a bookmark, IF field, etc.
    Cheers,

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to use IF and ASK/FILLIN fields together (Office XP)

Untried response:

I would think in terms of some code in the Open event of the document which went to the required fill in field.

Or you might put the ASK at the beginning of the document and then use a xref to pick up the answer where you want it in the text.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia