3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tiny Windows (5.5)

What would cause this to SUDDENLY happen?

I click on a link and it opens a VERY TINY window in a corner of my screen that I then have to maximize. It happens over and over, not just a fluke. This started yesterday and I thought that whatever caused it would go away when I shut down the computer but today find it is still happening.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Tiny Windows (5.5)

Some (evil) sites open a tiny IE window from which they then spin out irritating pop-ups according to a predefined schedule. Often this window is off-screen. You need to drag the window to a good size rather than using maximize. Future windows then should open at that size.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think I needed to be more clear. What I meant is that if I right-click on a link and select "Open in New Window", in the past it always opened as a maximized window if the window I started in was maxmized. Suddenly that is not happening - I right-click and it opens a really tiny little square that you can barely see - and than I have to maximize it. I did absolutely nothing that day by way of adding software, downloading etc.

HELP!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oh, Phil! I think I'm in love with you! It absolutely positively worked! I spent four days fighting this thing and along you come and just like that, we're all fixed!

Seriously, thanks every so much for your kind help, once again!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi CD:
    I can't recall having a new window ever open maximized. However, IE always seems to revert to a "restored" screen (except for my initial screen) after awhile. I have a two pronged approach.

Method 1 (works for awhile):
    1. Don't maximize it. Resize the new window by dragging all borders until it's as large as you can make it.
    2. Close all other IE windows.
    3. Hold the Ctrl button down while you close the last window (which is almost as large as maximized).

Method 2:
    Get IE New Window Maximizer

Edited to add: I personally think this behavior is a bug & don't know why it happens. I just know that it reverts to this behavior. Must happen to a lot of people for there to be a utility just for this. ZD Net has one, too

Cheers,