2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

weird templates (97/2000)

Hi all. Been a long time since I've been here. I miss it!

Anyway, my office have templates for most documents we create (though they are not very good and only ever saved as .docs not .dots, strange). They try to do a lot with tables, and I find it really annoying that for some reason the tops of some of the letters are cut off (see attached example and look at 'prepared' for example). It looks like the text has been raised by a few points, but when I look at the characteristics, it shows the line position as normal. On some printers they print ok, some they don't. Can anyone explain why this happens and how I can change the template (usually I modify the work templates, add styles, etc to make the templates word friendly for me).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: weird templates (97/2000)

If you select Tools/Options..., Compatibility tab, you'll see that Compatibility Options for this document are set for WordPerfect 5.x. If you change this to Microsoft Word 97, the document looks OK. I don't have Word 2000, but I suppose you should set Compatibility Options to Microsoft Word 2000 there.

HTH,
    Hans

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: weird templates (97/2000)

Thanks, I figured it had to be something simple like that, but damned if I could find it. I looked in compatibility but only in terms of font substitution.

Cheers