Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

2 Questions/Problems (2000)

2 Questions/Problems:

1.How can I sort rows/columns by more than the 3 default choices Excel makes available?

2.Assume I have 2 worksheets, each with a long list of addresses, most of which are identical. How can I "compare" the second worksheet to the first? Specifically, assume the addresses are in column A1:A100 on both worksheets. I would like to use a formula in column B on the first worksheet that would "populate" that column with identical addresses (when compared to the addresses in column A1:A100) that would come from the second worksheet, with any addresses that are listed on worksheet 2 that aren't on worksheet 1 being listed at the bottom or some other place on the first worksheet.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Questions/Problems (2000)

(1) This is explained in the Excel 97 online help; I don't know if it's in Excel 2000 help. The trick is to sort on the least important fields first, then on the more important fields. Say you want to sort on 4 columns: Company, Department, Last Name, First Name.
    Start by sorting on First Name.
    Then, sort on Company, Department and Last Name. Excel will keep the first names in the correct order.

(2) There have been discussions about comparing worksheets in this Forum. If you do a search for "compare cells" or "compare worksheets", you should be able to find them. For instance: <post#=158206>post 158206</post#>.
    Also, Chip Pearson has a utility for comparing workbooks. You can download it from here.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Questions/Problems (2000)

Thanks, Hans.