New Lounger
    Thanks

Email graphics, animated and still (Windows XP Home Edition)

People I send anitmations and other graphics to who are running Win 98 or 95 cannot read them. They report getting the little box with the Red X. Why?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email graphics, animated and still (Windows XP Home Edition)

There could be a lot of reasons that it's happening. What program are you using for email? Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, the Bat, which?

The red X appears in HTML mail when the source image isn't available. It's quite possible that the pictures you are trying to send embedded in the message are not available if they are not online, such as happens when one uses a modem to download mail and disconnects before reading it.

Try sending your message in RTF format to one of the people who is experiencing the problem and see if it persists. This will work only if they have an RTF complaint email program (not all are) such as Outlook.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email graphics, animated and still (Windows XP Home Edition)

Thanks much for your response. I will try the RFT method. These graphics are inserted from my own collection stored and cataloged in "My Picutes". I am using "Outlook Express" with a "Hot Mail" or maybe it's called "Hot Bar".