4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Procedure data type (97)

Procedure data type
    John Viescas book RUNNING MICROSOFT ACCESS 2000 has a naming convention chart for data types & mentions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Procedure data type (97)

Did he, perhaps, mean procedures as in subroutines and functions? In the absence of anything to remove the ambiguity (particularly having used languages like C, where the distinction isn't as obvious) I would consider both subroutines and functions as procedures.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Procedure data type (97)

I don't like using procedures tags like that because I see no purpose in it. The only thing it does is distinguish a user-defined sub or function from a built in method or property, and that isn't a significant difference. Procedures are subs and functions. Even event procedures are subs, so the prc tag seems meaningless to me. Furthermore, procedures aren't any kind of datatype, although a function can be declared to return a value of a particular datatype. Most naming conventions include tags for all sorts of things including fields and procedures but that doesn't mean you're obliged to take it that far, and most developers don't.
    Charlotte