New Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot Uninstall Office 2000 SR-1a (2000/1a)

Help!!! I was having problems with Outlook, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall Office 2000/SR-1a. Ended up with a number of problems. I'm now at the point where if I go to uninstall Office, its asks for the CD and when I put it in I get the following Windows Installer Error:

This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package.

Is there someway to uninstall Office, so I can do a clean reinstall. I really don't want to wipe my disk clean and reinstall everything.

Thanks

Bill F.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot Uninstall Office 2000 SR-1a (2000/1a)

I think I remember reading in this forum how to do what you are asking. Maybe a search for it will give you what you want to know. Also, if I remember correctly, it is even addressed at MS's support site. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment and direct you to these posts. I did a quick search but came up empty, however I never have had much luck using the correct words in my search criteria. I hope you have better luck because I know I read about it here somewhere..
    H Lewton

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot Uninstall Office 2000 SR-1a (2000/1a)

Hi Bill,

Not sure if this will work without going through the regular uninstall program first, but there is another uninstall program to completely remove the completely removed files from the normal uninstall program. You can find the removal tool for Office Disk 1 here and the other disk should be thereabouts someplace. This might help clear up the installer problem, not sure.