Lounger
    Thanks

New PC - error from add-in (XPsp2)

I just got a new laptop and used the "Save My Settings Wizard" to tranfer all my old settings to the new machine. I am getting the attached error when I open any Office application. I believe this has something to do with Mappoint as it was installed on the old machine and it is now installed on the new machine as well. I search for mpoai9.dll on the new machine and it is not to be found. I don't want any of the Mappoint functionality in any of the Office applications so how do I just get rid of the error?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New PC - error from add-in (XPsp2)

<table border=1 cellpadding=8><td>Word</td><td> Tools | Templates and Add-ins - Uncheck the offending entry</td><td>Excel</td><td> Tools | Add-ins - Uncheck the offending entry</td><td>PowerPoint</td><td> Tools | Add-ins - Remove the offending entry</td><td>Access</td><td> Tools | Add-ins | Add-in Manager - UnInstall the offending entry</td><td>Outlook</td><td> Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options button | Add-In Manager button - Uncheck the offending entry
    (You might also click the COM Add-ins button to see if there are any entries causing problems there as well).</td></table>
    HTH

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. All these areas are blank. I have no add-ins show in any of the apps except Outlook which has some Exchange related items.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with Mappoint, but in general, add-ins that cause problems when you start an office application are generally within the startup folders. I'd search for all startup folders (you probably have 1 for office & 1 for each of the applications (but I'm not sure about Access or Outlook) & take everything out temporarily. Then start each app & see if the problems gone. If so, you can add things back 1 at a time until you find the offending add-in.

Hope this helps.