New Lounger
    Thanks

paper size (97/98/200)

I've got a problem with paper size moving around. The doc was created on a Mac in Word 98, and when I look at it on Word 97, all's fine. When I look at it on another computer (PC) in Word 2000, the footer's disappeared and the paper sized has changed from A4 to Custom (21.5 cm X 29.5 cm). And this is despite the printer on this computer having its default paper size at standard A4 (21X29.7cm).
    What's up here?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: paper size (97/98/200)

Hi Michael:
    I'm not sure. I would uncheck the box under Tools/Options/Print tab/Allow A4/Letter paper resizing. Check Tools/Templates & add-ins & make sure automatically update document styles is not ticked. Having it ticked could affect formatting, although I don't know why the paper size would change.

New Lounger
    Thanks

A4/letter resizing has no effect, automatically update document styles isn't checked ... This is a real puzzler, and with the footer disappearing from the page it's most frustrating, too.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Can you attach the document to a post in the Lounge so we can take a look at it?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sure thing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Michael:
    When I look at it in Word 2000, the paper size is 8.47 X 11.62 inches. The footer is not off the page. A4 comes up 8.27 X 11.69 inches. When I change to this, the footer doesn't move off the page, but the right aligned page number does move to the right (because of the page size change). I don't know the answer right now, but will try to look on the knowledge base. I'll be away for the weekend, however.
    Cheers,