Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't delete corrupt record (2000)

One of my users has a corrupt record with #Error in each of the fields. In the past I have been able to put the cursor on the record and delete it. This time, the "Invalid Argument" error continually pops up, over and over, and I am unable to delete. I tried to append all records before the corrupt record (there is a missing record number so I guessed that's it), and intended to append all records after, but even my append hangs up.

I didn't see anything exactly like this when I searched the forum. I hope somone may be out there who has a solution.

Thanks,

Randy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't delete corrupt record (2000)

Are you sure there is only one corrupt record? The append should work if you address the correct range of records, as long as there is no other corruption.
    Good Luck,
    Pat

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried to access just one record that I was able to tab through and the message still comes up. This is the worse corrupt record that I've encountered. Any other thoughts will be very welcomed.

Thanks,

Randy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

What I have found in the past (although it as A97 at the time) is that memo fields can become corrupt, so the entire record will not have the #error. This was a real slow process as we had to manually read thru the table one record at a time to see the corrupt fields (when you had a table with many fields this become very tedious).
    Sorry I cannot be much more help than this.
    Hope This Helps,
    Pat

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Do you try JetComp. It is available at <A target="_blank" HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273956">Jet Compact Utility Available in Download Center
    </A>
    Francois

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps its possible to create a make table query and omit the offending record.
    Just a thought.

Dave

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

This might help: Go to <!post=post #163930,163930>post #163930<!/post> and follow the thread from there. I was trying to do something entirely new to me when I had what looked to me like a train wreck. The guys here on the forum shared several ideas, and I fixed the problem. My problem sounds roughly similar to yours. Good luck!

Edited by Charlotte to activate post link