New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000 suddenly looks like Outlook 97 (2000)

Recently I upgraded Outlook to 2002 (but left the rest of Office 2000 as it was, I got a copy of Outlook 2002 with a Pocket PC I bought). 2002 looks pretty, but I received 'sending errors' a few times while sending email so I decided to go back to 2000. I uninstalled Outlook, tried to reinstall it from the Office 2000 CD but setup said Outook was 'unavailable', so I uninstalled Office, then reinstalled and voila, Outlook 2000 was back.

The problem with the new install of Outlook 2000 is that it behaves the way I remember Outlook 97 behaving. When I click on 'Send and Receive' a little dialog pops up saying 'Sending and Receiving' but gives no indication how many messages it's getting, and no indication of progress. It's terrible.

Plus, I'm sure that 2000 had an 'Accounts' option under Tools where you could add an email account? That's not there, now it's Tools - Services, and it all looks completely different.

It told me in an error message to make changes to my mail setup in _Control Panel_. I'm sure I haven't done that for a long while.

And when I close Outlook I see a little dialog 'Closing Outlook', which I remember Outlook 97 having, but which I don't think I've seen since then.

Can anyone help? How can I get 2000 back! I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it hasn't worked.

TIA
    Alan

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 suddenly looks like Outlook 97 (2000)

You are in Corporate/Workgroup mode, and the features you're looking for are in Internet Mode. When you installed, you should have been given a choice, but it is not too late to change. Go to Tools*>*Options...*>*Mail Services tab and find the button for "Reconfigure Mail Support..." I don't know all the feature differences, but if you used IMO before, I guess it's fine to switch.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 suddenly looks like Outlook 97 (2000)

Thanks a lot!